Rotary Heat Exchangers Pty Ltd, the sole manufacturer of rotary heat exchangers in Australia, was established in 1968 as a result of world leading research and development conducted by CSIRO and Monash University into energy recycling and air conditioning sustainability technology in order to address a world energy and Climate Change crisis identified at that time.
This led to the development of the unique Australian Mylar Heat Wheel that recycles an unprecedented 90% of thermal energy (hot or cold) from one air or gas stream to another. In commercial buildings this substatially reduces air conditioning energy use all year round by using the energy in the exhaust air from a building to air condition the incomming fresh air. Healthy indoor conditions with high fresh air quantities in energy Green buildings can be achieved with a much reduced energy use requirement. Huge environmental and energy cost benefits have been achieved for countless Aquatic Centres and commercial buildings around Australia in the history of this company.
This long history of heat wheel usage even in the agressive environment of indoor aquatic centres has proven that our wheels have an exceptionally long life, in many casses outliving the life of the building. Recent examples of this are Box Hill City Aquatic in Victoria and Belmont City Aquatic in WA.
We are 100% Australian owned and the only manuacturer of rotary heat exchangers in Australia and our wheels are 100% manufactured in Australia.
We were selected as one of the top 30 Australian CleanTech Finalaist in the Australian Clean Technologies Competitian 2012
Bill Ellul BE(Hons), MAIRAH, FIEAust
BILL ELLUL PROFESSIONAL HISTORY:
- After completing a Mechanical Engineering degree at Monash University Clayton Campus he worked for 13 years as Scientist with CSIRO;
- 2 years heading the Development Division of the Gas & Fuel Corporation's Energy Management Centre;
- 7 years with the SECV Herman Research Laboratory and Heading the SECV Cogeneration Advisory Group;
- 10 years as part-time lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Swinburne University;
- Since 1989 formed Ecopower Pty Ltd, one of Australia's leading and successful energy auditors and project managers in industrial and commercial applications .
- Accredited by IEAust as an energy auditor under the Government Enterprise Energy Auditing Program.
Bill Ellul has received the following awards for outstanding achievements in industrial energy conservation.
- 1983 Energy Productivity Improvement Award
- 1988 National Energy Innovation Award
- 1995 Australian Energy Award in Environmental Category
Bill Ellul has published numerous papers in scientific journals and conferences both locally and internationally in the areas of heat recovery, rotary heat exchangers, landfill gas utilisation and heat transfer as well as having several patents on equipment he has designed and utilised successfully in industrial waste heat recovery, cogeneration, biogas and landfill gas utilisation projects.
- In 1998 Bill Ellul also became Managing Director of Rotary Heat Exchangers Pty Ltd.
ROTARY HEAT EXCHANGERS PTY LTD SELECTED AS A TOP 30 AUSTRALIAN CLEANTECH COMPANY IN NATIONAL COMPETITION
10 July 2012 – Rotary Heat Exchangers Pty Ltd today announced it has been selected as one of the top 30 cleantech companies in the Australian Clean Technologies Competition 2012 which is part of the international Cleantech Open competition
In July 2015 CCN announced Bill Ellul to be one of 4 finalists for its 2015 awards in the energy savings category for Rotary Heat Exchangers Pty Ltd world leading air to air heat recovery heat wheels which are unmatched in high energy recycling.